The Natural Beauty of Timber – But Low Maintenance
September 12, 2018
Introducing Accoya Wood
For those who want timber but not the hassle of the maintenance, North Country supply and install bespoke windows, doors, (including bifolding doors), conservatories and orangeries made from the remarkable Grade 1 Accoya wood, which is so durable and stable it is used in buildings such as lighthouses, bridges and foundations for buildings in earthquake zones.
This revolutionary timber product has been used for decades, but only started to made an appearance in the UK from around 2006. Accsys Technologies (US, UK and Netherlands), manufacture this product using their patented process called Acetylation. This natural process turns ordinary sustainable softwood into a timber which is:
- Harder and more durable than teak
- Dimensionally stable: no ‘sticking’/warping; virtually rot-free
- Indigestible to insects
- Perfect for coating: finishes last 3-4 times longer
- Timber guaranteed for 50 years above ground by Accoya and the product manufacturer
- Paint finishes guaranteed up to 10 years by Accoya and the product manufacturer
- 100% sustainable, recyclable and non-toxic
Accoya wood is also used for bridges, canal sidings (guaranteed for 25 years below the waterline), external cladding on buildings, and even as foundation pilings for buildings in earthquake zones!
Such are the benefits of this remarkable product that Accoya is becoming the preferred choice of architects and developers worldwide.
In high demand, the Grade 1 Accoya is more expensive than the ‘best of the rest timbers’, so you can opt for engineered Sapele Mahogany (Grade 3). We also offer an engineered softwood option for developers and builders. However, both these options in our premium range still come with:
- Cills, beadings & glazing bars made from Accoya
- 30-year guarantee against rot
Great selling points!
Robert has been developing and building period & contemporary homes since 1995, and has installed all types of external home improvement products.